1. Sway to the tunes of the Blast Furnace Blues: Enjoy three days of scorchin’ blues music as SteelStacks welcomes some of the finest contemporary and traditional blues artists from around the region and throughout the nation. 5-11:30pm on Friday, 12:30-11:15pm on Saturday, 1-9pm on Sunday. Plenty of opportunities to enjoy some high quality blues!
2. Enjoy your late Saturday morning at the Reading Room: The Reading Room of Northampton County Community College is offering fun activities for children in grades preschool, a Zumba class, healthy food samples, and freshly blended smoothies. Kids can also be a vegetable in a performance of My Garden by the Pennsylvania Youth Theatre. Pre-registration is required. Call 610-861-5526. Saturday 10am-12pm.
3. Go on a New York City style date night: Silky jazz stylist Aimée appears at NYC’s premier venues, including Joe’s Pub and Birdland, with renowned musicians Joel Frahm, Anat Cohen and others but this Saturday night, she will be at Zoellner Arts Center. Paired with Brazilian guitarist Figueiredo, the duo performs a wide range of jazz standards. “…Cyrille’s vocal stylings are synonymous with musical genius.” (The New York Times) Fans of Bobby McFerrin, Norah Jones and Django Reinhardt will love her. If you want to make a real date out of it, attend the dinner before the show at 6pm and hit up the cash bar before the show starts at 9pm.
4. Expand your home library: The Bethlehem Area Public Library is hosting a Back to School book sale from 10am-4pm this Saturday. As the weather is starting to get a little cooler, you’re going to need a new book to curl up on the couch with. Fireplace and apple cider sold separately.
5. Cheer on the Mountain Hawks: Lehigh University will be facing off against the Princeton Tigers at Goodman Stadium at12:30pm on Saturday. The Mountain Hawks are 2-0 this season, so put on your brown and white and cheer them to another victory!